Monday 6 July 2009

green



it feels like something little kids would chat about, but honestly green truly is my favourite colour. My parents just got back from vacation and brought me a green scarf, i love it! she said she wasn't sure if i'd like it but she thought of me when she saw it, i like that. I have this other green scarf that i wear a heck of a lot, always been my favourite... when i think of the colour it just gives me such hope, i always think of something new, like it's a life giver. I'm always drawn to green things, i'm a sucker for good design. If i don't think it looks good, whatever it is, not gonna get it! i have bought albums and books based on the cover design before, some have turned out awesome, others not so much. Not sure if it's a perfectionist thing or a creative eye thing, but i can get pretty critical if it looks bad. I guess it all comes down to personal taste. I'm even drawn by book layouts, for example rob bells books, LOVE the lay-outs, how they've been edited and even the colours they use. My favourite book is a book on colour, it's called choosing colour and was out together by kevin mcloud (the guy who does grand designs). It has pages and pages of colour combinations...so nice. I spend a lot of time looking at design blogs, particular favourites being designismine and poppytalk , i also could spend hours pouring over beautiful photography, right now i am loving max wagner, i love how he captures people. well this is a funny place to end up from talking about the colour green, now you know a few more things about me...

p.s. currently working on some stuff about the josephs of the bible, when i feel it's a little bit more concrete i will share...

No comments:

Post a Comment