Wednesday 30 June 2010



“But you are not alone in this
And you are not alone in this
As brothers we will stand and we’ll hold your hand
Hold your hand”

it’s a timshel kind of day. I walked into my room right as the above lyrics were playing and their timing was ridiculous. As I heard the lyrics play out, I heard God say, “do you hear that?” and as He said it they played it again, just to make sure I got it. A good friend of mine died in march and these last few days i’ve been processing what it means for her to be gone all over again. They found no medical reason for her to die, her heart simply stopped beating. I have had a lot of “why?” questions coming up which I know most likely wont get answered, maybe even ever. It’s just so weird. I can’t even begin to wrap my head around it. suffice to say there have been tears.

In the middle of working this all out I get a message from my sister to let me know her really good friend has been in a car accident in mozambique and it’s hit or miss whether she will make it. Her friends boyfriend didn’t. Right now as I type this she is lying in a hospital in Johannesburg, she has a T8 fracture to her spine (i don’t even know what that means), swelling on the brain and is being kept in a coma, whilst her body recovers from pneumonia which she picked up in the last few days. They are concerned for the emotional trauma that will come when they wake her up. This girl has lost her mum and her granny in the last 2 years and now her boyfriend. But I am confident she will make it.

So this is me being real for you, maybe a little more than I anticipated but there you go…

So it’s a timshel kind of day

No comments:

Post a Comment