Wednesday 12 August 2009

the redeemed

God has really been reminding me of late of which side of the cross i live on. It is so easy to place ourselves on the wrong side, to live with the mind set that i am a sinner, but that is false, i am one of the redeemed. It seems to take a daily check within my heart to remember that, as if i don't i disqualify everything Jesus did on the cross and beyond that.
When i live as though i were on the other side of the cross, before it happened then there are hoops for me to jump through to enter the presence of Father God, there are certain "acts" i must do, goals i must achieve, markers i must reach, it's really hard!
BUT the reality and truth is that the cross did happen and because of it i have open access to the presence of the Father, i can close my eyes, turn my affections towards Him and i am right there with Him. In His glorious presence that saves me every time (isaiah 63:9). I love how easy His presence is, so often we try and make it complicated, but it's not. I just close my eyes and focus on how good God is and i am there. so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment